Just Build Them
The petition of the undersigned Citizens of Tasmania draws to the attention of the House:
- Increasing community concern about the shocking housing crisis facing Tasmania.
- That everyone deserves a safe, secure and affordable place to call home.
- That the Liberal Government has failed to plan for Tasmania’s housing needs building only 1300 social housing homes in eight years – resulting in a shocking housing crisis.
- That people are couch surfing, sleeping in tents and sleeping rough in Tasmania because of the housing crisis the government has created.
- Thousands of families are desperately waiting on average 90 weeks for social and community housing.
- That the Liberal Government promised to build 10,000 homes in ten years, that’s 1,000 homes a year or three a day, and they are not delivering on that promise
Your petitioners request the House to call upon the Government to immediately do more to keep their promise to Tasmanians by delivering at least three homes every day.